NAMI Hillsborough County supports the efforts of its national organization, The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) as well as NAMI Florida and its legislative goals in the pursuit of legislative changes at the National and State level to improve the quality of life of the mentally ill.
How can you make a difference?
- Learn More Sign up for Advocacy alerts at the National level.
- Understand NAMI Florida’s position on Public Policy affecting the mentally ill.
- Contact Us to begin the process of becoming a full NAMI member at the local level.
- Volunteer by filling out an application to volunteer your time and talents to help NAMI Hillsborough
- Give a tax-deductible gift to NAMI, and become a part of the help and healing that NAMI offers every day.
- Contact your state and national representatives to ensure they are working for people with mental illness.
- Fight stigma by monitoring biased portrayals of people with mental illness.
Most important of all, TAKE ACTION. MAKE YOUR VOICE BE HEARD. GET INVOLVED. and remember: It’s Time To Act!
For more information about joining NAMI Hillsborough County, visit our Contact Us page.